Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mommy Dearest


My archetypal mentor in life is my "Mom" Shannon. She is the lady that taught me right from wrong as a child. I didn't get into much trouble when I was younger but when I did my mom always fixed it before it spiraled into something else. When I was about 5 or 6 years old I stole a Barbie Diary from K-mart. I didn't get far with though, when my mom and I got back to the car she realized what I was hiding under my shirt and brought me back into the store to apologize to the manager. But that was not it when we got home I could not even get through the door before she started "wooping" my behind. Yes at the time it hurt but now I look back see that I deserved every slap I got. If my mom didn't expect more from me I probably would not be the person I am today.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story. It's just what we're looking for on this assignment. Love the background, too!

    ReplyDelete