Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baptisim




My baptism marked the point in my life when I grew closer to God. Everybody I knew had already been baptized and taken their first communion, while there I was 6 years old and I hadn't yet. My mom would tell me that when the time was right I would know. One night I was in my bedroom watching television when I heard someone calling my name, I ran to my mom and said "Did you call me?" she said no so I wentn back to my room thinking "Wow that was weird". I heard the same voice and ran to my mom and asked he again "Did you call me?" Again and again she said no and to go back to my room. Finally after I heard the voice another time and ran to my mom she told me that the next time I heard it to ask out loud "Lord I am here". I later realized that this was a story in the Bible of a young boy named Samuel. It was then that she knew I was ready to be baptized and begin a true relationship with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment